Dr. Dinesh Gajera completed his MS (General Surgery) from M.S. University, Vadodara and M.Ch (Neurosurgery) from Asia’s renowned hospital G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi. He has been very active for his ongoing academic and medical up gradation and continually participating in many conferences & seminars at National – International level.
Dr. Dinesh Gajera is having vast clinical experience of more than 25 years in Brain & Spine Surgeries. During this tenure, he has performed more than 7500 brain & spine surgeries like Micro Neurosurgeries and Neurovascular Surgeries. He is the first to treat Trigeminal Neuralgia with the micro vascular decompression (MVD) in the Saurashtra and has performed more than 150 successful cases of Trigeminal Neuralgia. He has also expertise in skull base repair and transsphenoidal surgeries, peripheral nerve surgery, brain tumors, ICH and brain hemorrhage etc.
Complex spine surgeries being specialized area for Dr. Dinesh Gajera too, he has performed pedicle screw fixation, anterior cervical plating, anterior cage implants along with complicated and challenging cases like Microdiscectomy by fenestration, Titanium pedical screw fixation, Anterior approach for thoracic & lumbar spine, Transthoracic approach, Anterior implant with cage fixation etc.
Dr. Dinesh Gajera is pioneer in modern & minimally invasive spine surgery with spinal instrumentation in the Saurashtra. He is the first surgeon in Saurashtra-Kutch to perform microdiscectomy by fenestration technique, spinal fixation using titanium pedicle screw & also titanium cage fixation via transthoracic, retroperitoneal & diaphragm splitting approach.
Research Papers & Dissertation
- “Colloid cyst of Third Ventricle : G.B. Pant Experience” Annual conference of NSI 1999 – Hydrabad.
- “Endoscopic Excision of Colloid Cyst : Early Experience” Annual conference of DNA 2000 – New Delhi.
- “Neurosurgery in Geriatric Patients” : Annual conference of NSI 2000 – Chennai.
- “Anterior Cervical Discoidectomy & Fusion” Annual conference of NSI 1999 – Hydrabad.
- “Pituitary Apoplexy & Ophthalmoplegia – Surgical Results” (Poster) Annual conference of NSI 2000 – Chennai.
Dr. Dinesh Gajera is now available as full time Consultant Neuro & Spine Surgeon for OPD, Indoor and Emergency services at Synergy Hospital, Rajkot.